Sitting by a Bush in Broad Sunlight by Robert Frost
When I spread out my hand here today,
I catch no more than a ray
To feel of between thumb and fingers;
No lasting effect of it lingers.
There was one time and only the one
When dust really took in the sun;
And from that one intake of fire
All creatures still warmly suspire.
And if men have watched a long time
And never seen sun-smitten slime
Again come to life and crawl off,
We not be too ready to scoff.
God once declared he was true
And then took the veil and withdrew,
And remember how final a hush
Then descended of old on the bush.
God once spoke to people by name.
The sun once imparted its flame.
One impulse persists as our breath;
The other persists as our faith.
Second to the last day, posted on the same day as the final shot. The anticipation is KILLING me!!
Don’t Steal My Sunshine
Steal My Sunshine by Len
I was lying on the grass on Sunday morning of last week
Indulging in my self-defeat
My mind was thugged all laced and bugged all twisted wrong and beat
uncomfortable in three feet deep
Now the fuzzy stare from not being there on a confusing morning week
Impaired my tribal lunar-speak
And of course you can’t become if you only say what you would have done
So I missed a million miles of fun
I also have a bit of business to take care of today. As we all know, I have been on something of a sabbatical from actually posting my photos to my blog and from keeping up with the blogs I follow. I am slowly trying, one by one, to go through those blogs – oh my, have I missed a lot – and during my catch up from Thursday night, I was happy to see on Day 188 of Pablo’s blog, that he has awarded me with “The Heart on Fire” award. If you have not caught up with Pablo’s work, make sure you check out my hotlink to his page – he is a huge talent. Thank you so very much, Pablo!
In keeping with this award, I am to share 7 more tidbits of info about myself and give the award away. These tidbits of info are getting harder to come by so I am going to CHEAT! I was tagged last Christmas on my Facebook page with 30 Christmas questions about myself. You get to enjoy 7 of them – just think of it as an early present:
- Favorite Christmas movie? It’s a Wonderful Life for films and Charlie Brown Christmas for small screen features.
- Eggnog or Hot Chocolate? Toss up between my mom’s hot cocoa recipe and my yummy cooked eggnog.
- Favorite gift received as a child? Barbie Townhouse I was NEVER going to get and found completely assembled next to the tree on Christmas morning, lights glowing on it and my heart in my throat. I still remember the thrill.
- Can you name all of Santa’s reindeer? Dasher, Dancer, Prancer and Vixen. Comet and Cupid and Donner and Blitzen. And I do recall the most famous reindeer of all…..
- What I love most about Christmas? I know that I should be saying it is all about the “reason for the season,” but it is truly Christmas Eve when the entire family gathers. There is so much love and laughter in Mom’s house; I treasure each moment of it.
- When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I found the gifts by mistake one year while playing hide and seek and saw all of those gifts under the tree that Christmas. I didn’t have the heart to tell Mom and Dad that I knew; as young as I was, I knew it would break their hearts.
- Do you hang mistletoe? No. No one I know ever has.
And now for an award or two:
I do realize that you all receive awards all of the time and you all have strains on your own time budgets, so if you want to respond to this you can, but if you don’t, I completely understand. I look forward to finally catching up with your sorely neglected (by me) blogs. Muah!