I Like it Shiny
How Clear She Shines by Emily Bronte
How clear she shines! How quietly
I lie beneath her guardian light;
While heaven and earth are whispering me,
” Tomorrow, wake, but, dream to-night.”
Yes, Fancy, come, my Fairy love!
These throbbing temples softly kiss;
And bend my lonely couch above
And bring me rest, and bring me bliss.
The world is going; dark world, adieu!
Grim world, conceal thee till the day;
The heart, thou canst not all subdue,
Must still resist, if thou delay!
Thy love I will not, will not share;
Thy hatred only wakes a smile;
Thy griefs may wound – thy wrongs may tear,
But, oh, thy lies shall ne’er beguile!
While gazing on the stars that glow
Above me, in that stormless sea,
I long to hope that all the woe
Creation knows, is held in thee!
And, this shall be my dream to-night;
I’ll think the heaven of glorious spheres
Is rolling on its course of light
In endless bliss, through endless years;
I’ll think, there’s not one world above,
Far as these straining eyes can see,
Where Wisdom ever laughed at Love,
Or Virtue crouched to Infamy;
Where, writhing ‘neath the strokes of Fate,
The mangled wretch was forced to smile;
To match his patience ‘gainst her hate,
His heart rebellious all the while.
Where Pleasure still will lead to wrong,
And helpless Reason warn in vain;
And Truth is weak, and Treachery strong;
And Joy the surest path to Pain;
And Peace, the lethargy of Grief;
And Hope, a phantom of the soul;
And Life, a labour, void and brief;
And Death, the despot of the whole!
I am struggling with some burdens at this time so I think it is time to look at my abundant blessings instead of my shortfalls right now:
• I have my warm hubby to keep my toes from getting cold tonight
• My children are snug in their beds
• My mother is a blessing beyond belief
• I get to go into the library tomorrow and work with people I like and respect
• My sister loves me
• I have a church that welcomes the Holy Spirit
• The four seasons are a feast for my eyes
• My dog is snoring right now
• I can listen to The Civil Wars any time I want to
• I have Mount St. Helen’s ash glass ornaments that shine and shine
• I can see, hear, smell, touch and taste
• The sun will rise tomorrow
• God is watching over me