Ah, the alleys . . . It’s really a sensory experience, you know. The scent of Aqua Net on a beehive hairdo. The roar of polyester rubbing against old Naugahyde. The site of a cigarette stubbed out on a patty melt. All this plus the anticipation of placing your feet in shoes only seven thousand others have worn before you.
Diane Chambers on Cheers
The kids bowl on a “summer” league that started in April. It is an adventure in frustration each Thursday when Samantha laces up her rental shoes and goes to the approach. She has not bowled before other than a couple of trips to the local lanes, whereas Michael has been bowling for the past four years, throws a wicked curve and carries a 172 average at the age of 13. Sam, on the other hand, throws a wicked gutter ball and has a rapidly falling average of 52. I’ll give you two guesses as to what the team name is after you look at the title of yesterday’s post….
Photo courtesy of my iPhone and Photoshop Express. (image quality is completely inferior)
And I almost forget *slapping my forehead* that the lovely Jennifer Mendez
has nominated me for the coveted Liebster Award (thank you, thank you, thank you!!!), leibster meaning favorite
in German. I, having an abundance of human nature, enjoy being a favorite, so I am taking this award running! This award is given to blogs with less than 200 followers so I am very well qualified!
There are very few rules that accompany this honor and they are as follows:
1. Thank the person who gave you the award and link back to their blog. – done!
2. Copy and paste the award to your blog. – found and inserted accordingly
3. Present the Liebster award to 5 other blogs that you think deserve recognition. done!
4. Let me know by leaving a comment on their blog. – done!
5. Have faith that your nominess will continue to spread the love. – I am a woman of abundant faith!
Drum roll, please….
And my nominees are:
Now for some celebratory ice cream…..