Steal My Sunshine by Len
I was lying on the grass on Sunday morning of last week
Indulging in my self-defeat
My mind was thugged all laced and bugged all twisted wrong and beat
uncomfortable in three feet deep
Now the fuzzy stare from not being there on a confusing morning week
Impaired my tribal lunar-speak
And of course you can’t become if you only say what you would have done
So I missed a million miles of fun
I also have a bit of business to take care of today. As we all know, I have been on something of a sabbatical from actually posting my photos to my blog and from keeping up with the blogs I follow. I am slowly trying, one by one, to go through those blogs – oh my, have I missed a lot – and during my catch up from Thursday night, I was happy to see on Day 188 of Pablo’s blog, that he has awarded me with “The Heart on Fire” award. If you have not caught up with Pablo’s work, make sure you check out my hotlink to his page – he is a huge talent. Thank you so very much, Pablo!
In keeping with this award, I am to share 7 more tidbits of info about myself and give the award away. These tidbits of info are getting harder to come by so I am going to CHEAT! I was tagged last Christmas on my Facebook page with 30 Christmas questions about myself. You get to enjoy 7 of them – just think of it as an early present:
- Favorite Christmas movie? It’s a Wonderful Life for films and Charlie Brown Christmas for small screen features.
- Eggnog or Hot Chocolate? Toss up between my mom’s hot cocoa recipe and my yummy cooked eggnog.
- Favorite gift received as a child? Barbie Townhouse I was NEVER going to get and found completely assembled next to the tree on Christmas morning, lights glowing on it and my heart in my throat. I still remember the thrill.
- Can you name all of Santa’s reindeer? Dasher, Dancer, Prancer and Vixen. Comet and Cupid and Donner and Blitzen. And I do recall the most famous reindeer of all…..
- What I love most about Christmas? I know that I should be saying it is all about the “reason for the season,” but it is truly Christmas Eve when the entire family gathers. There is so much love and laughter in Mom’s house; I treasure each moment of it.
- When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I found the gifts by mistake one year while playing hide and seek and saw all of those gifts under the tree that Christmas. I didn’t have the heart to tell Mom and Dad that I knew; as young as I was, I knew it would break their hearts.
- Do you hang mistletoe? No. No one I know ever has.
And now for an award or two:
- Kathryn whom I have neglected
- The Daily Click whom I have neglected
- Stacia whom I have neglected
- Robin whom I have neglected
- Yearstricken whom I have neglected
I do realize that you all receive awards all of the time and you all have strains on your own time budgets, so if you want to respond to this you can, but if you don’t, I completely understand. I look forward to finally catching up with your sorely neglected (by me) blogs. Muah!